The process of home made finger paint making is so easy. The kids will enjoy whipping up their favorite colors as they dream up ways to put it to work. Creating and rendering art with children is fun, rewarding, and centering as we witness their innate sense of wonderment and awe around all possibilities.
Here at Artified we believe in creating easy, inexpensive ways to make art happen. Allow us to share a few home made paint ideas that you can try.
Non-Cook Finger Paints
Blend 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 cup of salt. Add 1/2 cup of water… Divide it up into three sandwich bags and add a few drops of liquid watercolor or food coloring to each bag. Squish them up until the paint is well blended.
Cooked Finger Paints
- Pour equal flour and water, and a pinch of salt into a pot.
- Stir the ingredients over medium heat until it comes together like smooth, thick paste.
- When it starts to pull away from the pot, remove from the heat.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- To reach the desired consistency, slowly add cold water to the mixture.
- Add drops of food color to create your personal shades.
- Divide the paint into containers with covers.
Mix some shaving cream, some flour, and some glue together without over mixing. (You want to try to keep the air bubbles in the shaving cream.) Divide the white puffy paint mixture between 3 to 4 small bowls and add a few squirts of food coloring or paint to each bowl, stirring in, but again being careful not to over mix.